The Spring Ordeal March 12-14
Online Registration is CLOSED!
Congratulations upon your election as a candidate for the Order of the Arrow. You can take great pride in being selected by your fellow Scouts, but realize that you are now only a candidate for membership. A greater thrill awaits you when you become a member of the Order and are decorated with the Order of the Arrow sash. This happens when you have successfully completed the Ordeal. Anyone who has been elected since February 1, 2019 is eligible to attend this ordeal; normally eligibility only lasts one year, however due to Covid-19 pandemic event cancellations, the eligibility window has been extended.
Your next opportunity to participate in the Ordeal will be 12-14 March 2021 at Camp Barstow. To prepare for this event you should:
- Register to attend the Ordeal by clicking HERE.
- Pay the $50.00 ordeal fee online.
- Bring a copy of your current BSA Health and Medical Record to camp (parts A & B -- NO doctor signature required).
- Determine how you will get to and from camp. Plan to arrive at camp on Friday evening between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. Dinner is NOT provided Friday night, so eat before you arrive or bring a bag supper.
- Plan for your travel home. This event is designed to be a one night event, and all are encouraged to leave on Saturday night, after supper. However, we recognize that there are some who need to stay until Sunday, such as youth who are driving and do not want to drive home late and tired, or youth whose parents cannot pick them up on Saturday. Therefore, if you must stay until Sunday morning, you will be allowed to.
If you become ill just before the Ordeal, stay in bed. If you currently have any temporary physical or medical problem which could limit your participation, we strongly encourage you to wait until the problem passes. We will be happy to help you make alternative plans.
COVID-19 Special precautions
- All teams/clans are limited to not more than 10,
- The Ordeal clans are comprised of 8 ordeal candidates and 2 elangomats.
- The Service & Support teams will be limited to eight, including four ceremonialist.
Download the Ordeal Candidate Letter.
Download the BSA Health form HERE.
There will be a callout Friday night. All candidates who have been elected but have not yet been called-out will have the opportunity to be called out on Friday night.
The Adirondacks will not be available, all scouts and scouters will be required to camp in tents.